Doc dir related changes coming up

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+fedora-lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 14:16:28 UTC 2013

Michael J Gruber venit, vidit, dixit 08.08.2013 16:03:
> Kevin Fenzi venit, vidit, dixit 07.08.2013 18:39:
>> On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 17:53:22 +0200
>> Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

>>> Why is it so hard to just backport this change? And if it needs to be
>>> decided why does FESCO not just do it? Or who needs to decide it?
>>
>> Well, The redhat-rpm-config maintainer is on vacation right now.
>>
>> I guess I could push an update to earlier releases, do you have a
>> tested patch? ;)
>>
>> kevin
>
> Now I'm even more confused by:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/UnversionedDocdirs
>
> Building an F20 (master) package on F18 does not work, then, even with
> the proposed conditional %{_pkgdocdir}. Wouldn't a conditional based on
> the Fedora version be a much more robust suggestion to deal with this?
>
> Michael

[Sorry for the self-reply]

In fact, actually making use og git and its branches and having
different spec files in different branches (by merging different feature
branches) would be the really robust way of doing it. Though the way we
do the branches doesn't exactly help (because we merge master down to
earlier releases).

Michael