DeveloperAssistant and android development under Fedora 19

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 19:50:55 UTC 2013

2013/8/8 Petr Hracek <phracek at redhat.com>:
> Hi folks,

  Hi,

> I would like to ask you what are necessary steps to develop
> android applications under Fedora.
>
> I suppose that Eclipse environment is needed.
> Any other package(s)?
> Is there any guide how to do that?
>
> When some working guide will be ready then it will be a part of
> DeveloperAssistant
> which is already part of Fedora 19.
> https://github.com/bkabrda/devassistant
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DevelopersAssistant
>
> My idea how it should work is to install necessary packages (as usually)
> and create a sample project which should help with developing android
> application
> under Fedora.
>
> Any hints will be welcome.

  I think very few bits are missing to make it work with native fedora
eclipse. Someone experienced with eclipse and eclipse packaging
should not have much trouble checking what is missing after installing
the (eclipse bundled) sdk:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

  No idea about the adt stuff, but for sure could be built as "native"
rpm packages, well, at least as an exercise to make sure every
bit is really opensource...