UML (user mode linux) for Fedora

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Aug 9 09:52:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 08:34:46AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> > >I'm only idly speculating, but yes, probably.
> >
> > I maintain uml_utilities for fedora. It needs a tunctl conflict
> > resolved, but otherwise should work?
>
> That's just utilities, not the actual binary.

Yep, since UML is basically just another special kernel build, I always
had the impression that you'd have to convince the kenrel RPM maintainers
to add another sub-RPM containing the UML build for it to get into Fedora.

Does UML kernel even build on Fedora these days ? I tried to build it
a year or so back and found that it had ben broken by GCC/LD update
and no one upstream showed any interest in fixing it. So I rather
considered UML to be dead after that experiance.

Daniel