Introduction

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Aug 10 08:13:54 UTC 2013

Welcome Matt,

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 04:03:40PM -0700, Matt Eskes wrote:

> wondering how I should go about the packaging. Should I break it into
> a "Free" and "non-free" component, as is done in Debian and/or Ubuntu,
> or is that sill going to cause issues? I'm also looking into maybe

Non-free software cannot go into Fedora, but there are third party
repositories like http://rpmfusion.org/ where such software can be
packaged. If the free component is useless without the non-free
component, then both need to be packaged in rpmfusion.

> contacting UPEK and opening discussions on maybe re licensing it into
> a compatible licence; one in which conforms to Copy-left so that it
> will no longer be an issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe someone from the fedora-legal list can give you some advice: