[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 20

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Aug 10 21:32:02 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 23:13:52 +0200,
   Erik Schilling <ablu.erikschilling at gmail.com> wrote:

>Back then manaplus was supposed to replace mana as the client for
>TMW. However TMW does not seem to be dropping mana support now.

For the time being tmw requires manaplus, so that dropping manaplus
would require dropping tmw as well. If that requirement isn't needed,
perhaps it should get dropped?

>Especially since I am a mana developer myself I never really used
>manaplus a lot. So later on my motivation to put work into manaplus
>was slowly fading away. Every time a update was released (every 2
>weeks) I was slowly starting to get annoyed by doing new builds every
>time, testing them / reporting issues back / evaluating whether it
>really makes sense to do an update (because sometimes updates only
>brought not significant changes).

You don't absolutely need to update every time upstream updates. Catching
up regularly would still be fine.

>My alternative would have been to simply let the package getting
>outdated and feeling bad about that each two weeks. Since I do not
>want either of that i orphaned it.

It is OK to orphan stuff, though you are supposed to have sent a note like
this one to the devel list when you orphaned it, to let people know it
is being orphaned and why, so that someone else could potentially pick
it up.

For now, I'll keep it going so that we don't lose tmw. Later, I am not so
sure.