F20 System Wide Change: Web Assets

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Sun Aug 11 06:34:56 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth
<tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Debian already uses /usr/share/javascript for this purpose, and it
> would be really nice if we both could coordinate on getting some
> upstream support for this in certain cases.  I'm very strongly -1
> against pointless Fedoraisms here.

Speaking of Fedoraisms, could we please serve Javascripts through
"/javascripts" ? Debian already has a long precedent of doing this.
I'm concerned that if Fedora invents "_sysassets", we're setting
ourselves up to make the upstream advocacy task that you mentioned
much harder.

Speaking as a web app package maintainer, I think this policy has
great intentions, and I think there's advantages to following Debian's
URL precedent.

- Ken