BlueZ Status in Fedora.

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 09:26:05 UTC 2013

On 08/13/2013 11:11 AM, Rave it wrote:
> mate-bluetooth doesn't support bluez5, and upstream doesn't have started to port it.
> I don't expect that is is ready before f20 alpha or beata.
> So it would be very nice not to push bluez5 into f20.
> Also Cristofph Wickert asked me to clean up runtime dependencies for mate-bluetooth to avoid that xfce/lxde user don't have to be install to many mate packages if they want to use mate-bluetooth.
> It seems there is a plan that xfce/lxde also want to be use mate-bluetooth. (maybe)

Can you use gnome-bluetooth instead?

I mean, mate-bluetooth is just a fork on an older version of
gnome-bluetooth. It probably made sense to use the fork when MATE was
based on gtk2 (because you can't mix gtk2 and gtk3 librarires), but now
that MATE has switched to gtk3, you guys should be able to switch back
to gnome-bluetooth proper.

--
Kalev