Orphaning Blueman

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 09:49:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 09:10:02 -0500, Juan Rodriguez wrote:

> I've tried contacting Valmantas Paliska (The original Blueman developer)
> but I don't expect him to return to the project after over a year of
> absence.
>
> LXDE (and other lightweight environments) are indeed the reason I'd keep
> the program around, but as mentioned by Kalev, new versions of bluez will
> ultimately break the package.
>
> For what it's worth, this package holds a bit of a sentimental value to me,
> as it was the first package that I got reviewed and accepted into Fedora,
> thanks to Toshio (abadger) and Dennis (dgilmore) but if its time to retire
> it, then I might as well.
>
> Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

Has anything been decided yet? If nobody handles all the problem reports
(including packaging issues), that's not how it's supposed to be.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainer_responsibilities#Deal_with_reported_bugs_in_a_timely_manner
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugs/blueman