Rawhide Koji Errors (Requires: /sbin/ldconfig)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Aug 14 12:09:47 UTC 2013

On 08/14/2013 12:59 PM, Christopher Meng wrote:
> Seems another victim appeared in test list.
>
> This time is for /sbin/alternatives.
>
> Sorry for no contexts, but what about removing /sbin or /bin from every
> spec?
Not a clever idea.

Very oversimplified, in RPM-provides/requires, "full paths" symbols
refer to files, while "non-full-path" symbols refer to packages.

As files/binaries may be moved between packages, there is no strict
connection at all between a package's name and a binary.

 >  I think RPM can handle this without fullpath.
RPM is pretty much irrelevant here.

Using full paths assures using the correct binary independently from
whatever environment variables might be set and from packages.

Ralf