Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2013-08-14)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 16:32:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 22:41:37 -0700
> Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Additional agenda item:
>>
>> Mattdm, sgallagh, and I were talking about the general fesco sentiment
>> towards mattdm's fedora future direction proposal and the multiple
>> fedora products idea at post-flock breakfast.  My understanding is
>> that the sentiment was that it would be a board decision whether to
>> go that route, that fesco would be on charge of implementing it, and
>> that fesco was generally in favour of it.
>>
>> The three of us thought it would be a good idea for fesco to
>> officially vote on whether we can get behind the idea and then send
>> it to the board so that we can start putting some proposals together.
>>
>> (Sorry for top-posting... on my phone.)
>
> Well, or would it be better to have a concrete proposal to take to
> them?
>
> I don't see any harm I guess in fesco deciding that we are in favor in
> general of this plan and ask the Board if we are going down a path they
> don't want us to before writing up concrete proposals.

Right.  Less worrying about what the Board thinks, more worrying about
what FESCo thinks.  If those two entities wind up not agreeing, then
we can discuss that.

As for the Board, I'm hoping to bring up the future direction stuff as
a topic we should at least be paying close attention to in the next
meeting.  Having something from FESCo to review would be great too.

josh