Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2013-08-14)

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Wed Aug 14 22:04:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 05:32:15PM -0400, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> Putting one of those at a higher level by default, by recommendation
> or even just by placing it on the front web page puts the others at
> disadvantage and will hinder growth and participation in the
> relevant sub-communities which will result in worse product and in
> turn will have negative outcome for the project in whole. At least
> that is how I see it.

Some projects are objectively better than other projects. Some projects
may not be objectively better but are more closely aligned with our
release schedule and support cycles. Some projects are actively
developed in Fedora and as such can be more cleanly integrated into the
distribution.

Making it easier for users to obtain those projects is doing our users a
service. It is not our responsibility to encourage growth and
development of other projects that don't make things better for our
users, and so it's inappropriate to provide equivalent promotion.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org