retiring gpointing-device-settings

Dan Mashal dan.mashal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 03:54:07 UTC 2013

The package currently fails to build and upstream appears to be dead.
Even the working package does not save settings.

https://wiki.gnome.org/GPointingDeviceSettings

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gpointing-device-settings/

Problem: This is a useful package that controls touchpad settings.

I have tried xfce4-mouse-settings from xfce4-settings but this
obviously doesn't work since XFCE uses xfconf.

Does anyone have any alternatives or suggestions?

Otherwise we are losing some important functionality for GTK based desktops.

One alternative is to fork xfce4-settings and migrate it to gsettings.

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks,
Dan