Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2013-08-14)

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Aug 15 13:40:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> I want increased participation in the creation of Fedora, which is a
> product with a defined set of software shipped as default. I'm also
> happy with people working to make it practical to use Fedora as the
> basis for derived products (such as the spins and remixes), providing
> that they don't compromise the product that we're producing.

I feel that people mostly say "fedora is for testing". It is somewhat
supported by responses to upgrade problems to a new version which
invariable are along the lines of "we don't support that upgrade
path/method".

We can't tell people to re-install from scratch every 6 months. What
we need is an "apt-get dist-upgrade" equivalent.

Paul