Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2013-08-14)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Aug 15 13:53:57 UTC 2013

Am 15.08.2013 15:40, schrieb Paul Wouters:
> We can't tell people to re-install from scratch every 6 months.
> What we need is an "apt-get dist-upgrade" equivalent.

*we have*

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum

i currently count 450 dist-upgrade this way and the oldest
setups are upgraded from Fedora 9 to Fedora 18 - the only
stupid is that instead spend more effort in the yum-upgrades
waste all the time with preupgrade/fedup and whatever the

they are *not* more predictable as yum, the opposite is true
and two months after the new release while your setup got
updates as well as the new release *nobody* knows more
how predictable fedup would be than yum