Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2013-08-14)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Aug 15 15:32:27 UTC 2013

Am 15.08.2013 17:17, schrieb Ralf Corsepius:
> On 08/15/2013 04:36 PM, Paul Wouters wrote:

>>> *we have*
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum
>>>
>>> i currently count 450 dist-upgrade this way and the oldest
>>> setups are upgraded from Fedora 9 to Fedora 18 - the only
>>> stupid is that instead spend more effort in the yum-upgrades
>>> waste all the time with preupgrade/fedup and whatever the
>>
> And yet another issue is the fedora-distribution occasionally carrying packages
> with greater NEVRs in older releases than in newer release.

what does *not* matter in case of "yum distro-sync" because it does also
downgrades and if fedup has a problem with it the people who say
yum is not officially supported (while no support in any case exists)
should ask theirself who in the world needs fedup instead keep
fous on *one* well working tool

besides the fact that yum-upgrades are most times better
yum is used and tested every single day from thousands
of users while "fedup" no normal user touchs half a year