Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2013-08-14)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Aug 15 16:02:51 UTC 2013

On 08/15/2013 05:32 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 15.08.2013 17:17, schrieb Ralf Corsepius:

>> And yet another issue is the fedora-distribution occasionally carrying packages
>> with greater NEVRs in older releases than in newer release.
>
> what does *not* matter in case of "yum distro-sync"
It does matter, esp in case of the kernel, because the kernel is treated
differently from most other packages in yum.

Another case it matters is case when package versions are identical.
In these cases, even though the NEVRS may be identical, the contents can
be different (different paths, different deps etc.)

Ralf