Schedule for Wednesday's FESCo Meeting (2013-08-14)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Aug 15 21:14:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:12:48 -0400
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/15/2013 03:47 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 15:36:53 -0400
> > "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Interesting since they did not do that when I joined QA what 5 or 6
> >> years ago so again can you refer me to that discussion.
> > It's always been a test case/critera that I remember...
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20070117#Fedora_7
> >
> > Shows upgrade test cases were there in Fedora 7 and one of the
> > things QA was testing and ensuring.
>
> We tested for it to a limited extent ( via yum ) but we never
> officially supported it.

Thats not my recollection... upgrades via DVD media were always
mentioned as "supported" and were tested by QA. Perhaps someone who was
around inside Red Hat in the Fedora Core days could comment, but I
remember Fedora pretty much carrying on with that in F7.

Anyhow, we are getting far afield.

if there's a desire change user expectations, we could discuss doing
that. I think we will have to see what the proposal looks like and what
upgrades and methods would make sense.

kevin