[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 20 including FTBFS packages (was Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 20 v2)

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Sat Aug 17 15:01:31 UTC 2013

On 17 August 2013 10:00, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> Due to missing FTBFS bug reports for Fedora 18 and a bug in scripting,
> FTBFS packages were missing in previous reports. According to
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fails_to_build_from_source?rd=FTBFS#Package_Removal_for_Long-standing_FTBFS_bugs
> removing long standing FTBFS packages might be delayed until the Alpha
> release, which is planned for in about a month. Nevertheless, please fix
> packages ASAP.
>
> The following packages are orphaned or did not build for two
> releases and will be retired when Fedora (F20) is branched, unless someone
> adopts them. If you know for sure that the package should be retired,
> please do
> so now with a proper reason:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life
>
> According to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Schedule branching will
> occur not earlier than 2013-08-20. The packages will be retired shortly
> before.
>
> Note: If you received this mail directly you (co)maintain one of the
> affected
> packages or a package that depends on one.
>
>         Package                            (co)maintainers
> eclipse-phpeclipse        mbooth, swagiaal
> eclipse-veditor           chitlesh, shakthimaan, swagiaal

I've fixed eclipse-veditor in F19 and F20.

I'm thinking of retiring eclipse-phpeclipse anyway -- upstream is generally
unresponsive and the project often seems moribund so I suspect Eclipse PDT
is *much* better than PHPEclipse these days.... If anyone is still using
eclipse-phpeclipse, I urge you to try out
http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.pdt