BlueZ Status in Fedora.

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Aug 19 03:03:17 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 02:28:34PM -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:

> Basically we ship Fedora 20 in a state where one only of our major desktop
> environments supports bluetooth in a stable fashion? That seems kind of like a
> disaster waiting to happen.

The current release blocking desktops are Gnome and KDE. If those are
broken then F20 doesn't ship - if they're working, it ships. It'd be
unfortunate to ship a release that doesn't support the non-blocking
desktops, but (right now) it's fundamentally up to them to provide the
development effort to ensure that they have a full feature set.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org