Scala package owner unresponsive

Will Benton willb at redhat.com
Mon Aug 19 03:35:16 UTC 2013

On two related notes,

(1)  As far as I can tell, the package for Scala 2.9.2 on F19 (2.9.2-2) has broken dependencies; I can't install it via yum on my new F19 install.  Is this the case for anyone else?  If so, wouldn't it be best to have a working Scala 2.9 package in F19 and introduce 2.10 in a later release?
(2)  I'm interested in hearing from folks who are using Scala on Fedora (or who have strong opinions about what Fedora should look like with more Scala) because I've recently been trying to package sbt (as a first step to getting more ecosystem projects into Fedora).

best,
wb