Heads-up: Obsolete but still included packages

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 21:08:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 21:45:09 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:

> > yum-utils
> >

> I don't think yum-utils should be on that list given that it appears to be
> actively maintained and not obsoleted.

All these src.rpms build _something_ that is obsoleted by something else.

For yum-utils, it's the yum-plugin-security subpackage, which is
obsoleted by yum.

The closer look at it: yum obsoletes yum-plugin-security < 1.1.32
with yum-utils being at 1.1.31. If yum-utils were bumped to 1.1.32,
the Obsoletes would not be high enough anymore, and yum-plugin-security
would become installable again.

Certainly something that's not right.