What to do with a noarch package that fails to build on ARM

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 20 20:16:42 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 08/20/2013 09:43 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>
>> The end solution to this is to actually build all packages on all
>> arches and not have the secondary arches suck down completed builds
>> from primary koji.  I realize this would increase the build load on
>> those arches significantly, but it would catch these issues.
>

> The downside is that we'd end up with non-identical RPMs with identical
> NEVRAs among the primary architectures.  This can't be a good thing.

I think you mean "... among the architectures." ?  If so, sure, maybe.
 But we already have that with archful packages across the
architectures, so I guess I'm forgetting why it's so horrible.

If you really meant "primary architectures", then no we wouldn't.
There's only one primary buildsys, and it would only queue the noarch
build one time on one machine.

josh