Obsoletes, Obsoletes, Obsoletes

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Wed Aug 21 06:57:38 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-21 at 00:29 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Oh no! Another one of those threads... ;-)
>
> Well, a comment from Thomas Moschny inspired me to examine "Obsoletes"
> tags in our package collection a bit.

I have openssl and fipscheck obsoletes on the list.

They were added because the base openssl (and fipscheck) package was
split into openssl-libs and openssl subpackages where only the
openssl-libs is needed unless something requires the openssl command to
work. I've added the obsoletes into the openssl-libs on the old
(non-split) openssl package according to the
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Renaming.2FReplacing_Existing_Packages

But once you install the new split openssl package it should not be
obsoleted by openssl-libs so I think the obsoletes are correct.
--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb