Problem with sed in spec file

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Aug 21 11:49:04 UTC 2013

On 21/08/13 12:21, Juan Orti Alcaine wrote:
> Hello, I'm adding a SELinux module to the gogoc package, as seen in this
> draft [1], and I've received a error about the dependecies. In my spec
> file I use this to extract the selinux-policy version and use it as a
> dependency:
>
> %global selinux_policyver %(%{__sed} -e
> 's,.*selinux-policy-\\([^/]*\\)/.*,\\1,'
> /usr/share/selinux/devel/policyhelp || echo 0.0.0)

This was an attempt to grok the selinux-policy version number without
querying the rpm database (which you can't reliably do during a package
build). Unfortunately there is no upstream version number for the policy
so the one used in Fedora is just made up. More unfortunately, the one
place I was reliably able to find it (in the policyhelp file) no longer
has it. In fact I can't find it anywhere in any of the
selinux-policy-{devel,doc} files in F-20. So there's no way I can see of
expressing the necessary dependency version in any sort of automated way.

Paul.