Changes to make MySQL vs. MariaDB less confusing

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Aug 21 16:11:40 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

there has been some demand for some time to make more strict line
between mariadb and mysql in Fedora. I've tried to summarize some steps
we'd like to apply for F20 in order to decrease that confusing -- see
bug #999589 and feel free to comment here or there (it seemed to me that
bug will better store what was the resolution eventually).

I won't be able to respond until the end of the weekend, so sorry for
that in advance.

Cheers,
Honza