F19 server install experience

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Aug 23 00:24:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-22 at 18:16 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Aug 22, 2013, at 5:54 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2013-08-17 at 11:57 -0700, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> >> On 08/17/2013 12:28 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, I've seen that kind of thing in some of my tests. A lot of my live
> > installs wind up with New York as the timezone, IIRC.
>
> I'm spacing out which has which behavior, but Live vs Netinst
> consistently produce different results for me for geoip/timezone
> selection. One always works (Denver), the other never works (New
> York). Always the same IP.

For a while I thought it was live installs never getting it right, but
then I saw one or two where it did work.

> >> Any thoughts on this one?  It was rather surprising to find a login
> >> prompt during the installing process.
> >
> > IIRC it's been there for a while, I'm not entirely sure of its purpose.
> > More a question for anaconda team I think.
>
> Oh I use that all the time for top, or taring and scping anaconda logs from tmp.

No, we're not talking about the bash prompt on tty2, but there's an
actual *login prompt* on like tty6 or something. So far as I and the OP
knows, there is no account with a known password for you log in as, and
you have the root prompt on tty2, so the existence of the login prompt
seems a bit odd.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey