F20 release name election?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Aug 23 01:15:53 UTC 2013

On Aug 22, 2013, at 6:12 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but there are essentially two camps
> right now.  Those that don't care about release names one bit (like
> me), and those that do.  If those that do care want better names,
> they'll need to work harder at creating meaningful suggestions.

OK I'm third camp: peanut gallery. I don't really care about release names, I'm happier to see them go away, but insofar as we have them, I'm playing along by a.) voting, b.) complaining. [1]

> The Board has an open ticket on the naming process.  We're working
> through it now, but "no release names" isn't an immediate option
> because the last time we proposed that the community vote showed names
> were still desired.  Hopefully we'll resolve the ticket shortly and
> explain how naming needs to work in the future.

Understood. Thanks.

Chris Murphy

[1] I wouldn't dare be helpful and come up with better names for something I'd rather see go away.  But hey, I'll whine about names that make me yawn to death as motivation for those who really do care. I mean, come on Chateaubriand and Cherry Ice Cream? And the name that makes me think of a cross between feral cats and youtube cat videos? Give me a wet stinky fur ball to choke on. (I like indoor cats, or cats in potentially poisonous gas boxes. Every outdoor cat should be in one of those two locations.)