Bundled Flash

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Aug 23 08:53:00 UTC 2013

> On Thu, 2013-08-22 at 21:47 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > As plupload is a .sh not a .as3 I *think* we may be able to build it
> > with swfc. I'll see whether that's possible.
>
> plupload looks like, well, a giant pain in the ass. It depends on a bit
> called moxie which is just kinda smooshed into the .swf shipped with
> wordpress. If someone else wants to work on building that mess, go for
> it, but for now, I'm going to work on ripping out the Flash and
> Silverlight parts from plupload, and ripping out swfupload entirely.

I've done a super-dumb test scratch build of wordpress at
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=5844538 which more or
less just rips swfupload out entirely, and rips out the other binary
blobs with no adjustments, hoping the plugins that use them will fall
back or error out intelligently. Help testing this is welcome. Trying to
rip the bits out any more delicately looks to be a royal PITA. Bloody
minified javascript.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey