F21 schedule: what would you do with more time?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Aug 23 15:19:41 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> On 08/23/2013 10:39 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>
>>     * much longer build.log holding time for FTBFS.
>>
>> I think this comes down to the amount of storage it takes and the amount
>> we have available.
>
> Is that really that much?

And if it is, just compress them. 50-60 MB build logs compress to 1-2
MB with gzip (checked with webkitgtk and libreoffice). gzipped logs
can be served so that they're directly viewable in browsers so there
shouldn't be any inconvenience, on the contrary actually due to
smaller download size, for example like this with Apache:

<Files *.log.gz>
    ForceType text/plain
    AddEncoding x-gzip .gz
</Files>