F20 release name election?

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 23 23:55:44 UTC 2013

Josh Boyer <jwboyer <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:

> The Board has an open ticket on the naming process.  We're working
> through it now, but "no release names" isn't an immediate option
> because the last time we proposed that the community vote showed names
> were still desired.  Hopefully we'll resolve the ticket shortly and
> explain how naming needs to work in the future.

What is the ticket URL? I don't see it under active Fesco tickets.

BTW, I was wondering if it's possible to simply remove any reference to the
release name from the Fedora OS, so it's not a burden on developers (like
"Schrödinger’s Cat" was). I noticed that there is a closed ticket
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1103 (Release names should not include
shell metacharacters), which appears to just assume that the release name
has to be included in the OS itself (otherwise, there would be no need for
the ticket). Is that actually true?