F21 schedule: what would you do with more time?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Aug 24 07:56:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 09:33:59AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Mat Booth <fedora at matbooth.co.uk> wrote:

> > Here's my favourite bugbear: https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/ticket/243
> >

> > I have no idea why the package retirement process needs intervention from
> > rel-eng.--
> > Mat Booth
> > http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora
> >

> There's been discussion of adding "fedpkg retire-package" to fedpkg which
> would basically just open a dead.package file to allow you to add an entry
> and then remove the contents from git, block the package in koji, and
> retire it in the package DB. I don't think anyone has had the time to do
> this yet both in fedpkg and the backend although I suspect this gets a
> whole lot easier now with fedmsg.

For the fedpkg/packaged DB integration you can try this patch:
https://fedorahosted.org/fedpkg/attachment/ticket/8/0001-retire-packages-in-packagedb-as-well.patch

If you first apply http://ur1.ca/f6nkk you can run fedpkg from the git
repo directly to test it. I do not have a package to retire, therefore I
was not able to test it yet.

A script to get all retired packages from datanommer is also already
working pretty good. It only needs integration to listen on fedmsg to
get it completely automated:
http://ur1.ca/f6xco

Regards
Till