libgssapi libgssglue / Re: Blocking unblocked retired packages

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 10:41:15 UTC 2013

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 16:46:23 +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:

> I want to know the reason, why he retired it.

Well, the dead.package file is supposed to tell, but in this case it's
only ambiguous.

> If there is a new package, which will replace it?

A _replacement_ would need to follow the guidelines and at least obsolete
the old package. That isn't done. Perhaps there is a completely
separate package that shall be used [and ported to] instead. Even then
the dead.package ought to mention that.

> Or just retired it because of 'I have no time'?
>
> Gssapi affects serf library, and serf library affects subversion.

libgssapi has been _renamed_ to libgssglue in 2007 (!):
  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/286691

It's beyond my time to find out what has happened later.

libgssapi-devel and libgssapi have been retired for F18, F19 and Rawhide
a few months ago.

  $ repoquery --whatobsoletes libgssapi-devel
  libgssglue-0:0.4-2.fc19.i686
  libgssglue-0:0.4-2.fc19.x86_64

It should read "libgssglue-devel", but that's another story. Anyway,
libgssglue has been retired for F20 and newer, _not_ for F19 and older.