Proposal for new package group: Development:Formal Methods Tools

John C. Peterson jcp at eskimo.com
Sun Aug 25 20:14:17 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 03:17:39PM +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:
> ??? 2013-8-18 AM3:31???"John C. Peterson" <jcp at eskimo.com>?????????
> >

> > I would like to edit comps.xml to add a new package group for the tools
> > that have already been packaged by the Formal Methods SIG.
>
> I just want to know if Group tag is needed or not, I never add Group tag in
> any specs of mine.

I was referring to the groups defined in comps.xml which is used by the
installer during during the software selection phase of installation.

The legal values of group tags that go in rpm spec files are documented
in /usr/share/doc/rpm-4.x.x.x/GROUPS

I guess it's apropos to call the larger picture here a "can of worms" of
sorts, as these two groups do not agree.

Regards, John

--
John C. Peterson, KD6EKQ
mailto:jcp at eskimo.com