Graphics driver support in F21+

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 14:46:19 UTC 2013

For F21, I plan to orphan the following X video drivers:

xorg-x11-drv-apm
xorg-x11-drv-cirrus
xorg-x11-drv-geode
xorg-x11-drv-glint
xorg-x11-drv-i128
xorg-x11-drv-i740
xorg-x11-drv-mach64
xorg-x11-drv-mga
xorg-x11-drv-neomagic
xorg-x11-drv-r128
xorg-x11-drv-rendition
xorg-x11-drv-s3virge
xorg-x11-drv-savage
xorg-x11-drv-siliconmotion
xorg-x11-drv-sis
xorg-x11-drv-tdfx
xorg-x11-drv-trident

Effectively this means that the graphics team will be focusing on KMS
for graphics support, with vesa and fbdev available as last-ditch
fallbacks.  If anyone is interested in taking on support for these
chips, they're welcome to, though we would encourage anyone doing so to
work towards KMS support and not merely do "keep it building"
maintenance.

One other detail: the intel driver currently has both UMS support for
the i810 chipset, and KMS support for everything newer.  To be
consistent with the above changes I'll be dropping the i810 support,
which will then fall back to vesa.  Again, if someone wants to own the
i810 support, let me know and we can add you as a comaintainer.

- ajax