COPR

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Aug 30 16:02:23 UTC 2013

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:39:38 +0200
Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to get your feedback about COPR [1]
>
> [1]
> http://miroslav.suchy.cz/blog/archives/2013/08/29/what_is_copr/index.html
>
> We are the beggining and there are two options of where we can go:
> http://miroslav.suchy.cz/blog/archives/2013/08/29/copr_and_integration_with_koji/index.html
> http://miroslav.suchy.cz/blog/archives/2013/08/30/copr_implemented_using_obs/index.html
>
> I would like to ask *you* what is your opinion?

First of all: thanks very much for writing up all the information and
pros and cons and such. Very helpful for discussion! :)

Personally, I like the idea of merging copr's into koji and in the
process also improving koji. ;) I think some of the concepts used in
copr's now would be great to add to koji and in the process make koji
better for everyone.

OBS does have some compelling features, but if we want Fedora
Infrastructure to host such a thing it would need to follow our Request
For Resources process. In particular it would need a _group_ of people
active and interested in maintaining it long term, as well as hardware
resources which I'm not sure we have available right now. Also, it
would mean we would have two different build systems which seems like a
duplication of effort and infrastructure. If they don't build things
exactly the same way it could cause people lots of headaches as well.

Just my 2 cents. :)

kevin