COPR

Paul Wouters pwouters at redhat.com
Fri Aug 30 17:51:54 UTC 2013

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> Or you could just map a directory on the host into /var/lib/mock/result
> in the guest, using the virtio-9p filesystem feature of KVM. Basically
> this gives you shared filesystem, but without any TCP/networking involved.
>
> NB, works with KVM in Fedora hosts, but not RHEL which does not ship 9p
> support

We use that as basis for the libreswan testing infrastructure:

https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan/tree/master/testing/libvirt

Then based on MAC address (hardcoded in libvirt xml files) we can fire
up VMs that mount our testing directory and source directory as 9p,
and /testing/guestbin allows us to auto-config the VMs, and run the
various tests, capture output files, even when IPsec breaks all
networking on the VMs. On the host we run tcpdump on the bridge devices
to capture all traffic.

Currently we use f17 guests, I hope rhel7 wil get writable 9p
filesystems.

Paul