COPR

Frankie Onuonga frankie.onuonga at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 14:02:20 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-30 at 11:39 +0200, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to get your feedback about COPR [1]
>
> [1] http://miroslav.suchy.cz/blog/archives/2013/08/29/what_is_copr/index.html
>
> We are the beggining and there are two options of where we can go:
> http://miroslav.suchy.cz/blog/archives/2013/08/29/copr_and_integration_with_koji/index.html
> http://miroslav.suchy.cz/blog/archives/2013/08/30/copr_implemented_using_obs/index.html
>
> I would like to ask *you* what is your opinion?
First,thank you very much for the blog post.

In regards to this I think it is difficult or should I say time
consuming to get people to move from what they are already used to.
I think OBS works differently from Koji.
Personally I prefer what we have, but this is just a matter of
preference.
I think we need to consider what is easy for users/developers to use.

I think also security needs to be looked into as described in one of the
earlier posts.

There are features that are there in the other system , I think we can
easily get a team that can build something similar for us.

There are a lot of great minds here.
The most attractive tip for me was:

build package in VM, which is safer then Koji (just chroot in Koji). And
that VM is without network, which is safer then current COPR which
allows network connections.

This is something that needs to be worked on.

Thank you again.