[linux-sunxi] Re: Announcing Fedora 19 ARM remix for Allwinner SOCs release 1, now with A20 support

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sat Aug 31 14:44:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 08/30/2013 07:24 PM, elias.vds at gmail.com wrote:
> Op vrijdag 19 juli 2013 00:12:35 UTC+2 schreef Hans de Goede:
>> The following has been ported / is supported:
>>
>>    -sound: analog in/out
>> Fedora 19 ARM should also work on the following devices:
>>
>> * A13-OLinuXino (Olimex)
>>

> Hi, thanks very much for the release!
>
> I've already tested the Fedora 18 remix on my A13-OLinuXino (even with WIFI working!), but I can't get the audio to work:
> ALSA reports that no soundcards could be detected.
>
> However using the Debian image of Olimex, I was able to get audio through my headphones and the mic worked also. I looked up the driver, and it appeared to be "sun5i-CODEC". On the rootfs of the Fedora image, I looked into "/lib/modules/<sun5i-kernel>/kernel/sound/soc/", but I only could see a "sun4i" directory, even without a "sun4i-CODEC" counterpart.
> I read somewhere else that code of "/sound/soc/sun5i" was merged with "/sound/soc/sun4i", but I tried to modprobe each driver in "/sound/soc/sun4i" without success.
>
> Do I have to recompile the whole kernel, or just compile the "sun5i-CODEC" module, or do I have to do something different to get audio working?
> Thank you very much!

You're not seeing the sun4i-codec module (which works for sun5i too) because it is build into the kernel.

You should see some audio devices under /dev/snd and /sys/class/sound

While checking things work with Fedora 19 ARM remix for Allwinner SOCs release 1 I did notice that there
is an error in the fex file for the A13-OLinuXino, causing only audio-out to be present, I've just pushed
an updated fex file here:
https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-boards/blob/master/sys_config/a13/a13-olinuxino.fex

If you save this file, convert it to a script.bin file using the fex2bin utility from here:
https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools

And then overwrite script.bin in the uboot partition of your sdcard with the new one you should
also get a capture device.

Regards,

Hans