crypto consolidation status

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 22:03:16 UTC 2013

On 03/12/13 19:58, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> On Út, 2013-12-03 at 18:46 +0100, Jan Včelák wrote:
>> Hello list.
>>
>> What is the current status of Crypto Consolidation in Fedora? Is it still
>> current and is the page up to date [1]?
>
> The page is mostly up to date.

interesting page... under "Packages to NSS-enable" there is:

	12. OpenOffice

.. so yes "mostly" :)

LibreOffice 4.2 will remove the last internal dependency on OpenSSL and
uses NSS throughout; for rawhide i have just removed the "BuildRequires:
openssl-devel".

upstream there are still some dependencies on OpenSSL in bundled
externals (python3, postgresql, neon) that we would actually like to get
rid of (because OpenSSL must be bundled and linked statically due to its
ever-changing ABI etc.) but haven't yet; this does not affect Fedora LO
packages though.