(read this one) when Fedora 20 updates kernel to 3.12 ?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Dec 4 22:57:09 UTC 2013

Am 04.12.2013 21:15, schrieb Sérgio Basto:
> On Qua, 2013-12-04 at 12:42 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> Basically it landed too late to get into Beta, and we don't want to
>> ship final with a brand new kernel. It will be a update after
>> release.
>> This allows the installer images to use a known stable kernel, and
>> folks who want the new one to get that one.
>
> We should ship kernel 3.12 rc something, instead. Don't landed to get
> into Beta is not a excuse (for me) .
> Beta is for testers, nothing better to test a new kernel, and not
> bumping after lunch a stable release ... , doesn't make sense to me

it makes sense

if you find out too late that the new kernel has regressions
which are affecting too much users there is no way to fix
that and they all maybe are impossible to install the new
release from the ISO image

after the release even with the first yum-update you
can boot with the old one if things go wrong and write
a bugreport from a working machine