FTBFS if "-Werror=format-security" flag is used

Dhiru Kholia dhiru.kholia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 11:26:34 UTC 2013

On 12/06/13 at 11:57am, Reindl Harald wrote:
> but what is the plan if this does not work out for a unknown number
> of packages because upstream is not willing or able to "fix it" or
> only in a later release giving that the package is not buildable
> at all

Contingency mechanism: Revert changes to "redhat-rpm-config" package and
do a mass build.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/FormatSecurity#Contingency_Plan

There is still plenty of time left before this flag is even enabled in
rawhide configuration by default.

https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1185#comment:14

This does not mean that you can slack off (kidding). Let me know if you
want some help with the patches.

--
Dhiru