ABRT in the comps group 'standard'

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 19:30:09 UTC 2013

Miroslav Suchý (msuchy at redhat.com) said:
> On 12/06/2013 01:59 PM, Václav Pavlín wrote:
> >I think abrt serves as good source of info in case of unexpected crashes, which is quite important to have stable
> >system. So although being puzzled is not very nice, being disappointed by crashing applications is much worse from my
> >point of view.
> >
> >So try to look at it from broader perspective - I see more benefits in having abrt installed.
>
> While this is true - my mother have no clue what Bugzilla means, and
> even what is bug report - well in her term it is phone call to me
> "Son, some weird box pop up, what should I do? I already hit Esc and
> Enter and it still sit there".

Well...

1) the abrt GUI is already included in multiple desktop environments
2) this request is about putting the daemon/recording functionality in the standard
install; the GUI integration is a separate package

In short: I do not think this proposed change affects the behavior of any of the
desktops in terms of crash popups.

Bill