ABRT in the comps group 'standard'

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 01:36:32 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 13:51 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> No not really our distribution is filled with just packagers that
> dont
> know what to do with those reports...

So you're saying: "Our maintainers can't fix bugs, why bother filing
them at all?"? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

Maintainers that can fix bugs do. Ones that can't forward them upstream
for the developers to look at. I remember this being brought up
elsewhere already. Maintainers not knowing much about their packages
isn't a tooling problem.

+1 for abrt-cli in standard.

Both my parents are completely novice users that run Fedora. They don't
know what abrt is or what bugreporting is. If an abrt message pops up,
they read that it said "... crash... " and then they ignore it. It
doesn't do any harm.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,