[pkgdb2] call for testers, bug reports and RFE

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Thu Dec 12 12:23:12 UTC 2013

Dne 10.12.2013 14:20, Pierre-Yves Chibon napsal(a):
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 02:52:27PM +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
>> I am at a point where I think it starts to look good, the unit-tests are passing
>> and I seem to be able to do what I want with it. Thus I thought this would be a
>> good time to call for testers and collect bug reports and RFE.
>>
>> The development instance of pkgdb2 is at:
>>
>>    http://209.132.184.188/
> [...]
>
>> So please, have a look at it, play with it, break it (no seriously, do, but don't
>> forget to report how you did it afterward) and if you have any problem/RFE feel
>> free to note them at:
> Just a heads-up, christmas holidays are coming our way and our agenda is to push
> pkgdb2 in production as soon as possible after the release of F20.
>
> This means that if you want to poke at it, if you find bugs or have any RFE you
> should really do this as early as possible so that there is time to fix/improve
> before we release.
>

> Pierre

Actually, are you using some error monitoring? For example the
"packages" [1] application quite often does not work as expected, e.g.
today I have clicked on sources tab and nothing happens, just later I
was able to get 500 error. I am too lazy to investigate and report such
issues, so I am wondering, if you are going proactively monitor such
issues in pkgdb2.

Vít

[1] https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/