[Test-Announce] Fedora 20 Final Release Candidate 1 (RC1) Available Now!

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Dec 13 16:03:57 UTC 2013

Am 13.12.2013 16:47, schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
> On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:36:37 +0100
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
>>
>> currently only the Beta
>> i would like to help with my bandwidth
>
> TC (test compose) and RC's (Release Candidates) are not mirrored or
> torrented. There are a number of reasons for this:
>
> * Often they come fast and furious, meaning that by the time you setup
>   one and started it mirroring or seeding, it would be out of date and
>   the next one would be along.
>
> * They are not for general consumption. They are for folks
>   validating/testing the release. We don't want people to install them
>   who aren't interested in helping test.
>
> * The entire set of them is kinda large and mirrors wouldn't like the
>   high delta and large amount of disk space for something not so many
>   people would hit.

ok, understood the contras

on the other hand it would be better that people start now with
the testing by downloading the beta have already fixed bugs and
may report them instead find the really still existing ones

> There will be of course torrents for Fedora 20, likely setup on monday.
> Please do help us seed those

i will

F20-Beta-x86_64-DVD seeded with a ratio of 17 so far
well for some time i had no internet at home because tuning the living room :-)