Help needed with systemd script

Mattia Verga mattia.verga at tiscali.it
Sat Dec 14 11:44:29 UTC 2013

Hello,
I'm trying to give a user access rights to X with xhost command.
I've created a script named '/usr/bin/boincxhost' (chmod 555) like this:

/#!/bin/sh//
//xhost +SI:localuser:boinc &> /dev/null//
//exit 0/

If I run it from command line it works fine.
But I want to run from a systemd unit at startup. So I added this line
to the unit file:

/ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/boincxhost/

The service starts without errors, but I cannot find the user to have
rights for accessing X. Maybe someone can tell me where I'm wrong in the
procedure? Or is there any other way to give that user access to X? I
already tried to add the user to the 'video' group, but Boinc refuse to
see the GPU available.
Thanks for any hint.

Mattia