Inter-WG coordination: Stable application runtimes

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Wed Dec 18 16:17:27 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> That's not been discussed yet, much less decided.  I would advocate
>> for using what the Base WG and/or Env and Stacks WG settles on for
>> container technology, so as to not differentiate needlessly.
>
> I would think there was nothing to discuss or decide it would simply be
> illogical not to use systemd's container technology in both cases.

Containers are primarily an isolation mechanism; not a way to install,
update or deploy software.  "Just use containers" shifts the problem
to "how do I update the container" which is at least as complex
(because now the tools need to peek "into" the container in addition
to working on the primary file system).
     Mirek