Proposed F19 Feature: systemd features

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Sat Feb 2 07:03:29 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 02:08:00AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> When I meet a maintainer in the project that stated to me "I have to
> talk to my manager first" before upgrading his "component" that
> rings alarm bells to me, That gives me the feel that they are
> maintaining their components as a part of their job not because they
> want to scratch an itch and want to!

There is a third reason for maintaining a component: it is a dependency
for another component the packager maintains. This is applicable for
_all_ packagers, be they from Red Hat or the community. You either
conveniently omitted this reason to make an argument or never thought of
it, in which case I respectfully ask you to butt out of this thread
because you do not know what you are talking about.

D.