Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Feb 5 19:06:51 UTC 2013

Am 05.02.2013 19:49, schrieb Rave it:> There is a current poll at fedora forum.
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=284463

pff look at the total count

56 users said they use GNOME3
so what..............

and even if the count would be larger, it says nothing about how satisfied
they are, nor do most users even know about the voting and last but not
least most users are not visible here or at fedoraforum.org and nonody
can count the "wtf did they with my desktop" users after GNOME3 hit their
life

the same for KDE4.0 some years ago - if there would have been the
option "KDE3 or KDE4" the first two years you can imagine how much
users would have choosen KDE3.x

what makes me rellay angry (as one who never used and will use
GNOME and i knew GNOME 1.0 and KDE 1.0 as well where most users
of today not heard about linux at all) is that the GNOME developers
did NOT learn ANYTHING by the KDE4.0 disaster and that distributions
are not straight enough to show ignorant upstream "if you think you
can abuse all your users by present a completly different desktop with
thse same name we stop supporting you" - no "lala i follow blindly"