Request for a firewalld secondary DHCP + PXEBOOT HOWTO

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 16:41:59 UTC 2013

On 02/07/2013 04:23 PM, Aaron Gray wrote:
> Can someone who knows firewalld please do a HOWTO to on setting up a
> secondary DHCP with DNS and HTTPS access for PXEBOOTing of Fedora18
> please to go with the PXEBOOT HOWTO :-
> http://linux-sxs.org/internet_serving/pxeboot.html
> Hope someone can help, I put I message on the User List but got no
> response.

Well what seems to be standards sysadmin practice with firewalld on
servers is to disable it and enable iptables.

Firewalld is aimed at desktop users and roaming hardware which makes
"zones" useless concept for static server within an corporate
infrastructure.

So the missing steps for your guide simply are...

systemctl stop firewalld*
systemctl disable firewalld*
systemctl enable iptables.service
systemctl start iptables.service